Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

5 Months!


Do I look cross-eyed?



Check out my trick.



Look at me!



So my sweet baby girl turned 5 months a couple of days ago. Seriously, I feel like she's growing up so much faster then her big brother did. I think that's because with your first child, all your attention is focused on that one little baby. When you have your second child, your focus is now split (sometimes not evenly) and before you know it, 5 months have flown by. Julia is such a blessing to us! We thought we lucked out by having Alex, he was a good baby and there was no way that the next child could even compare. Well, we were wrong! Julia puts Alex to shame.

I've never been very good at measuring my children inbetween standard DR appts, therefore, I'm just going to take a rough guess at her measurements. Julia was 16 lbs at 4 months 2 weeks and 25 3/4 inches, so I'm guessing she was 17 lbs and 26 inches at 5 months. She's still in Size 2 diapers but I'm debating switching her to Size 3 soon. She's wearing 6-9 months clothes and her hair has been growing and shedding at the same time! I don't think she'll lose much if Alex is any reflection.

She's eating 6 oz every 3 hours, 5-6 times a day and we've started her on rice cereal but have not fed it to her on a daily basis. I'm in no rush for her to grow up; my goal is to make it one more month before starting her on formula. We've switched her to the next stage in nipple size for her bottle and she's doing great with it! She can suck down the bottle in less than 10 minutes now! She's been drooling like crazy for over a month now and we're just waiting for that first tooth to pop up!

She's been rolling over from her stomach to her back for a month now. She hasn't quite figured out how to roll over the other way yet but I have a feeling it's coming soon. We're still working on sitting independently but she'll still sway or lean over if there's nothing around to support her. We will lay Julia down every night between 7 - 7:30 and she will sleep anywhere from 11 - 13 hours if we let her. During the weekdays, Will has to wake her up to feed her before we leave for work. If she wakes up on her own, she'll just lay there and talk to herself or chew her fingers or toys until someone comes in to pick her up. So not used to this b/c Alex used to wake up crying almost everything single day! Speaking of Alex, she ADORES her big brother and anytime he is around, those little eyes of hers are locked on him (he adores her too)! Poor Molly has been demoted to the position of the third child.

No comments:

Post a Comment